These guidelines are designed to help you create a secure password for your Kraken account.
- Minimum length is 8 characters, maximum is 128.
- Must contain at least one number.
- Must contain one uppercase letter and one lowercase letter
- Cannot contain your email address.
- If the password is less than 15 characters long, it cannot contain "common" words (e.g. common passwords or names).
These are recommendations ONLY ,as we do suggest, you should take the best course of actions for your account safety.
- Including at least one special character (e.g. !, @, #, $ etc.)
- The best passwords are usually passphrases that are easy for you to remember, but hard for others to guess.
- The best passphrases are usually nonsensical phrases with a few misspelled words, capital letters, numbers, or special characters thrown in.
- e.g. "figurativ should3#3 Hula-sing"
- Famous quotes should be avoided.
- Use a password manager such as KeePassXC or Bitwarden to generate random passwords and to keep your passwords safe from theft or forgetfulness.
Never share your password with anyone.